Items (210 total)

  • Collection: University of Exeter archive

General view of the gardens.

Photograph showing students at the entrance of Roborough. The building was named after Lord Roborough, formerly Sir Henry Lopes, President of the University College 1936-8.

Crossmead Hall was acquired in 1944. The pond at the hall of residence was dredged each summer and used by the students as a swimming pool. Crossmead residents were known as Jentlemen as they travelled to and from campus on Exeter's J bus.…

The pond at the Crossmead hall of residence was dredged each summer and used by the students as a swimming pool.

In 1983 Crossmead was turned from a hall of residence to a conference centre.

Photograph shows site of Main Library prior to construction.

Devonshire House and the adjoining refectory were opened in December 1960.

General exterior view including Northcott Theatre. A shopping centre was added in 1974.

Inaugurated by Sheila J Browne, Senior Chief Inspector, DES. Photograph also includes Prof Ted Wragg, Vice Chancellor and Dr King.

Shows Professor Ted Wragg, Browne and unidentified individual

Photograph of the interior view of the Roborough Library. Typewritten note on reverse of photograph: 'Interior of Library, Exeter University (Red Brick University, 7.30pm, 18.4.58) WEHS'

Interior photograph of students studying in the Roborough Library, University of Exeter. The library had 150 places for readers and shelved around 130,000 volumes.

Photograph of the Palm House in Reed Hall [Streatham Hall] gardens. It was removed to The Imperial Hotel in 1927.

Clayden was principal of UCSWE, 1893-1920.
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2