Items (529 total)

General view of the gardens.

Photograph showing students at the entrance of Roborough. The building was named after Lord Roborough, formerly Sir Henry Lopes, President of the University College 1936-8.

Folded chromo-lithograph plan of Exeter in red printed card cover.

Tags: , ,

Crossmead Hall was acquired in 1944. The pond at the hall of residence was dredged each summer and used by the students as a swimming pool. Crossmead residents were known as Jentlemen as they travelled to and from campus on Exeter's J bus.…

The pond at the Crossmead hall of residence was dredged each summer and used by the students as a swimming pool.

In 1983 Crossmead was turned from a hall of residence to a conference centre.

Photograph shows site of Main Library prior to construction.

Devonshire House and the adjoining refectory were opened in December 1960.

Manuscript letter proving an insight into everyday life on board of the troopship. Also including the poems 'Embarkation' and 'Island for Sale'.

General exterior view including Northcott Theatre. A shopping centre was added in 1974.

Inaugurated by Sheila J Browne, Senior Chief Inspector, DES. Photograph also includes Prof Ted Wragg, Vice Chancellor and Dr King.

Shows Professor Ted Wragg, Browne and unidentified individual

Isca Danmoniorum is the earliest known printed map of Exeter. It was commissioned by John Hooker, the first Chamblerlain of Exeter, from the Flemish engraver Remigius Hogenberg, and formed the basis of all printed maps of Exeter for more than a…

Tags: ,

Page from the revised edition of the Rule of St Augustine and the Constitutions of St Bridget, featuring the signatures of sisters and brothers of Syon Abbey, including those of Confessor General Joseph [Seth] Foster, Abbess Isabella [Elizabeth]…

Colour map of Exeter by Rutger Hemannides, based upon the 1587 map by John Hooker, originally engraved by Remigius Hogenberg.


Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2