Items (213 total)

  • Collection: University of Exeter archive

Photograph showing the exterior of the Northcott near completion.

Photograph showing Brendon, Haldon and Raddon Halls which replaced Birks Grange. Birks Halls were demolished in summer 2005.

Photograph showing general exterior view. The building was completed in 1974.

Tags: ,

Inauguration, 14 Apr 1975

Tags: ,

Clayden was principal of UCSWE, 1893-1920.

Photograph of B.Ed students from Sokoto, Nigeria

Official opening of the Bill Douglas Centre [now known as the Bill Douglas Cinema Museum]. The actor Joanna David opens the Centre flanked by Peter Jewell (left) and professor Duncan Petrie.

Photograph of Birks Grange, former hall of residence at the University of Exeter. Demolished in order to make way for Birks Halls, c 1960.

Black and white photograph of student Common Room in Birks Hall, University of Exeter

Photograph of general exterior view. Birks Halls were completed in 1966.

Photograph of the exterior of the Registry of the University College of the South West, damaged in the Exeter Blitz in May 1942.

Tags: , ,

Devonshire House and the adjoining refectory were opened in December 1960.

Photograph of the Chapel of St Luke, Exeter

Handwritten note on photograph reverse: 'Teaching laboratory in new chemistry building opened 1965. Architect: Sir Basil Spence, Bonnington and Collins'

General exterior view. Handwritten note on reverse of photograph: 'Both buildings designed by Sir Basil Spence, Bonnington and Collins. Cost: Chemistry Building £800,000, Newman Building £146,000'.
The Newman Lecture Theatre was created as a lecture…

Students working at computers

Tags: ,

Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2